BOOM ➠ Coalition Airstrike Demolishes ISIS Staging Area ➠ Video
The U.S. Department of Defense confirmed successful airstrikes by U.S. and coalition forces to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS) Thursday, handing a devastating blow to the extremist group.
Coalition forces destroyed an ISIS generator near the city of Huwayjah, the video above shows. A Defense Department statement outlines the other targets destroyed by attack, bomber, fighter, and remotely piloted aircraft, totaling 14 in all.
- Near Beiji, six airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit, destroying two ISIL fighting positions, four ISIL structures, an ISIL vehicle-borne improvised explosive device, and an ISIL vehicle.
- Near Fallujah, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit, destroying an ISIL fighting position.
- Near Kirkuk, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit, destroying an ISIL fighting position.
- Near Mosul, three airstrikes struck two ISIL fighting positions, destroying an ISIL excavator.
- Near Sinjar, one airstrike struck an ISIL fighting position.
- Near Tal Afar, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL excavator. More
Do you think we’ll destroy ISIS for once and for all? Share your thoughts in the comments section.