President Trump: 3.5 Million Have Been Lifted Off Food Stamps

Obama used to brag about how many people were put on food stamps under his regime. More of his legacy crumbling to the ground.

Oh, the beauty of freedom. President Trump is bringing back the pride of self-sufficiency to America.

How long until CNN claims Trump denied 3.5 million families food?

Daily Caller:

President Donald Trump said in remarks at the White House recently that 3.5 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps.

Verdict: True

Trending: Dem Senator On Why He’s Against A Border Wall: You Can’t See Through A Wall

The number of people receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits declined by 3.6 million since Trump was elected president and 3.1 million since he assumed office.

Fact Check:

Trump mentioned the decline in food stamp recipients, along with a number of other statistics that highlighted the health of the economy, after the Bureau of Economic Analysis announced that gross domestic product grew an estimated 4.1 percent in the second quarter of 2018.

“More than 3.5 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps – something that you haven’t seen in decades,” he said.

SNAP benefits, formerly known as food stamps, are vouchers that low-income Americans can use to buy food at approved retailers. States run and administer the program, while the federal government funds the benefits.

Trump didn’t specify the timeframe in which 3.5 million Americans were lifted off SNAP benefits in his remarks Friday, but he has previously cited a decline in food stamp enrollment using the November 2016 election as the starting point. More

More than 3.5 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps — something that you haven’t seen in decades.  3.5 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps.  That’s because they’re able to go out and get a job.  And they’re going to love their jobs.

shutterstock.com
Previous post

Ontario Forced To Pull Plug On Universal Basic Income Program

Pence Scolds MSM For Not Covering Ceremony Honoring Return Of Korean War Remains
Next post

Pence Scolds MSM For Not Covering Ceremony Honoring Return Of Korean War Remains

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.